Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Patient Zero

      I've been bitten by the 28mm zombie bug.  The kickstarter for Zombiecide by Cool mini or not got me started. I looked at some other systems and found ATZ.   I started checking out the blogs for others who were already doing this, and found Vampifan.  He seems to be the king of the undead hill.  Lots of good stuff out there.  So I went a little nuts and bought a 50 zombie lead pack from Victory Force for walkers. I got a good deal on some Cobblestone survivors and gangers.  I bought about 8 O scale buildings on ebay and about 20 1/43 cars and trucks.  Now on to phase two... building and painting.  I've got about a dozen of the zeds started well, all the primary colors done and on bases.  Bases need work, and I'm going to try the miniwax dip method.  My friends over at Triumph Games tell me it's the best for quick shading on lots of models.  I also have painted up the two Cobblestone not Jules and Not Vincent, and one of the Bikers.  I plan on using the bikers as the "Midnight Riders" of LFD2 fame.
Tour Poster
    A bit about me seems in order.  I'm 46, married with no kids but three big dogs. I live in Atlanta, Ga. I am a long time gamer, and watcher of zombie movies.  I like the slow zombies.  I am a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, a historical recreation group.  I enjoy putting on armor and hitting my friends with sticks.  Hard.  Been doing that not quite as long as I've been tabletop gaming.  My first army was the Squats.  Have a ton of Warhammer fantasy, a bit of 40k, some privateer press, and a fair amount of historical in diffent time eras.  All of my models are 25/28mm, and I can't even consider trying to paint smaller.  I plan on creatively creating my hometown for the zeds to overrun. So, the adventure into a modern era game begins.  With the guy from Miami all over the news, who knows?

2 comments:

  1. Some great plants look forward to what you post up especially your buildings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am using some O scale stuff (amazing how close some of it is to the old town square) but I have to scratch build some of it. It will take some time...

      Delete